Wednesday 11 March 2009

Back for good?

Wow, can't believe it's been almost a year since I last posted here ...

Last summer was not ideal, rain and cold don't make happy gardeners. The plot did ok, considering the weather but the main concern was some growing being done elsewhere...

It seems that my habit of double sowing was to follow me in life and on the 23rd of November, these two wee boys made their grand entrance into our world:

Noah and Liam

Their first visit on the plot was on the 5th of January - very cold and dark and not much work could be done. Rather a case of assessing the damage after an autumn where I was simply too big to do anything and a winter of frost and snow ...

Yesterday though the sun was shining again and I managed four hours on the plot while the boys were sleeping peacefully in their buggy.
I sorted out the Jerusalem artichokes corner, digging out the last tubers and replanting 12. I also managed to do a bit of weeding as some beds really needed it - the bump got in the way of a lot of tasks at the end of last growing season! And finally applied a good layer of compost on the asparagus bed - better late than never.
The boys seemed to enjoy their first proper session - that or the fresh air! - and they were all smiles when we got back...

Now I better check out my seeds, order my potatoes and start doing some sowing ! Tomatoes and sweet peas first I think.

3 comments:

dee said...

Wow Congratulations!!

Mo said...

How did you manage time to fit some gardening in???

Pepette said...

Dee - Thanks :)

Mo - I'm lucky that Liam and Noah love napping in their buggy so I normally get a couple of hours at lunchtime where I can get on with some gardening - providing it's not raining or too windy !