Thursday 21 June 2007

The longest day

Today is the longest day of the year. Literally for me as I've been up all night, playing nurse for Amber!


I love this time of the year in Scotland, the days are just so incredibly long, light from about 4 in the morning until after 11 in the evenings ... I love staying out in a beer garden or on the plot, enjoying one of my favourite summer tipples (in no particular order, Pimm's, gin and tonic or a chilled glass of rosé !), enjoying the evening sunshine and savouring those times, storing them mentally for the long cold dark winter nights. As from today, the days are going to start shrinking again, depriving us of a few minutes of daylight everyday. But I don't want to think about it just now!


If the showers stop for long enough, we might go down to the plot later to toast the longer day of the year and the fact that exactly a year ago today, we were getting the keys to our flat, putting our first foot on the "property ladder". That year has gone so quickly, I can hardly believe it !




Enjoying a summer evening on the plot with a bottle of rosé and a barbecue





PS - I'm having a little thought tonight for everyone enjoying the "Fête de la Musique" in France or elsewhere. I have a lot of great memories of 21st of June in Montpellier ...

No comments: