Friday 25 May 2007

Banana and pecan nuts bread

I am in the middle of sorting out my allotment pictures, eating some "just hot from the oven" banana bread so I thought I'd post the recipe. This was supposed to be made with walnuts but I didn't have any and I much prefer pecan nuts anyway!




Ingredients:

225g plain flour
100g sugar
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

2 large or 3 medium bananas mashed
2 tbsp melted butter
1 tbsp milk
1 egg
50-75g pecan nuts roughly chopped (or walnuts)
1tsp lemon rind

Method:

1. Preheat oven to 180C /350F/GM4.
2. Mix all the ingredients from the first group in one bowl.
3. Mix all the ingredients from the second group in another bowl.
4. Mix the contents of both bowls together.
5. Pour into a loaf tin and bake in the middle of the oven for 1 to 1 and 1/4 hours. When it's ready, an inserted toothpick or fine skewer should come out clean. Cool down on a wire rack and slice before serving.

Should make 8 to 10 slices.

PS. There wasn't much left by the time I got round to taking the picture!

No comments: